Contrary to the original “LCG” – Low Center of Gravity approach of the v1, v2, v2.5f, ssc8 and now renamed sc4 model since early 2011 the new SC4RCS chassis kit raises the center section approximately ½” to maximize ground clearance and crawling capability. Initially designed with the goal of climbing a staircase as a surface drone, it can also be used as a crawler with independent suspension. It raises the motor height using an innovative single piece differential & motor mount (not compatible with other models). The motor is located on the left side creating space on the right side for mounting of video transmitters and payload. Requires using RPM’s universal servo mount and low profile high torque steering servo (lays down beneath new slim front upper bulkhead plate). Utilizes XO-1 bellcrank with OEM crosslink when using most forward battery mount option. Its’ front lower bulkhead extends rearward to the steering posts’ spacers’ rear edge and the rear lower bulkhead extends forward up to the differential mount’s front edge to maximize strength and ground clearance. The SSC-SC4RCS’ overall width is 4.3-inches and it’s not intended for racing on groomed hard-surface tracks at high speeds.
- 6061 Aluminum, stainless steering posts, G10 battery tabs, oxide & stainless hardware
- Black hardcoat-tefloned lower chassis plate & dark gray upper anodized bulkhead plates with polished components
- Chassis Kit Weight: 15oz
- Build Weight: 5.25-6.25lbs
- Motor Capacity: 1:10 only
- Battery Capacity: 2-3cell ROAR hardcase stick & shorty packs
- Tools Required: 2.5 & 2.0mm hex drivers, 5.5mm wrench, red & blue threadlocker, hobby knife and 4mm thru drill bit (for center of rear blue hingeplate)